Discover your next step while learning valuable paint and leadership skills.
We view your experience at NOVO as a time for you to grow, progress, and exceed your own expectations. Whether you are just starting out or are an experienced painter, we can offer opportunities to help you reach that next step toward where you want to go.
- We focus on a strong and unified company culture rooted in our uncompromising values. Our culture can be simplified down to each individual’s ability to build trust and earn respect.
- No experience? If you have a willingness to learn and can check any ego at the door, we’ll train you on basic painting skills and help you work up from there.
- Experienced Painter? We can offer advancement beyond a typical Lead Painter, where you would learn additional leadership skills and have greater opportunities.
PAY & BENEFITS
- $13.00-$40.00 hourly
- Vacation time
- Paid training on craft skills, leadership, and management
We prioritize your attitude, working values, and spirit over paint craft skills and experience.
We are committed to providing our employees the opportunity to learn and grow as emerging leaders. We don’t just develop painters, we build leadership skills and provide professional working experience so that our team members may further their careers and personal growth. Our success is determined by the amount of positive impact that we can have on individuals.
Job Leads can have any level of Craft Skills, but must also possess or are willing to learn the following leadership skills:
- Customer Management
- Job Planning & Preparation
- Material Management
- Crew Management & Leadership
- Safety Paperwork & Requirements
- Jobsite Huddle
- Job Strategy
- Client Relationships
- Additional Work Orders
- Daily Job Reports
- Job Costing
Apprentice / Trainee
In this entry-level position, you will have the opportunity to build a solid foundation and unique skill set that will ensure your success here at NOVO. Some of the training includes:
- New Hire Orientation
- NOVO Culture and Core Values
- Company Handbook
- Introduction to Painting
- Introduction to Leadership Training
- Basic Construction Safety
- In-House Certification
- Equipment Maintenance
In this position, you will continue to build your painting and leadership skills. Training includes:
- First Aid / CPR Certification
- Introduction to Paints & Coatings
- Ladders, Scaffolds, Lifts & Fall Protection
- Identify Surface / Substrates Materials & Conditions
- Protecting Adjacent Surfaces
- Basic Surface Preparation
- Sealants & Repairs / Fillers
- Brushing & Rolling Paints & Coatings
- Spray Application Techniques
- Power Washing
This position is focused on the refinement of your craft skills and further development of your leadership skills. Training Includes:
- Stains & Clear Application
- HVLP & Airless Spray Techniques
- Drywall Patching, Texturing & Finishing
- Wood Finishing
- 2-Part Epoxies
- Light Carpentry Repairs
- Lift Certification
- EPA Lead Safety Certifications
- Epoxy Wood Repairs
- Minor Deck Repairs
- Paint Failure Problem Solving Skills
HOW TO APPLY
We are always looking for talented people to join our team. NOVO is an equal opportunity employer, Preferred Worker friendly, and a drug-free workplace. Questions? Contact Cole Palea at email@example.com or (206) 789-1264.